POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Feature in 3.1 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Media Feature in 3.1 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Luca Cornazzani
Subject: Media Feature in 3.1
Date: 4 Oct 1998 11:09:34
Message: <36179072.7C2E62C3@imola.nettuno.it>
Hi!
I'm quite a new pov-ray's user.
I downloaded the version 3.1 and  I saw that the halos are no longer
available.
I wanted to do a fire but the "media" feature is not explained in detail
in the documentation, and the examples in pov 3.1 do not include
fire-scenes.
Can someone help me?
Thanx
Luca

Post a reply to this message

> I downloaded the version 3.1 and  I saw that the halos are no longer
> available.
> I wanted to do a fire but the "media" feature is not explained in detail
> in the documentation, and the examples in pov 3.1 do not include
> fire-scenes.
> Can someone help me?
> Thanx
> Luca

  Go to the povray.binaries.images NG and look at some
of the recent posts using media for generating fire like
scenes. There are tips on it's use and a couple of source
files posted that you can look at.

Ken Tyler