POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : font format? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  font format? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: font format?
Date: 24 Jul 1998 03:43:02
Message: <35B82CD6.419D@jps.net>
What format does a font need to be in for POV to use it?
(I can probably use Fontographer to convert as appropriate.)

--
"How'd ya like to climb this high without no mountain?" --Porky Pine
Anton Sherwood   *\\*   +1 415 267 0685   *\\*   Ant### [at] jpsnet

Post a reply to this message

Anton Sherwood wrote in message <35B### [at] jpsnet>...
>What format does a font need to be in for POV to use it?
>(I can probably use Fontographer to convert as appropriate.)
>
>--
>"How'd ya like to climb this high without no mountain?" --Porky Pine
>Anton Sherwood   *\\*   +1 415 267 0685   *\\*   Ant### [at] jpsnet

Post a reply to this message

I knew that.  But I have a nasty feeling that just dropping a standard
Mac font suitcase into my Include folder won't work, even if the
suitcase happens to contain TT fonts.

Johannes Hubert wrote:
> POV reads TrueType fonts (TTF).
>
> Anton Sherwood wrote in message <35B### [at] jpsnet>...
> >What format does a font need to be in for POV to use it?
> >(I can probably use Fontographer to convert as appropriate.)

--
"How'd ya like to climb this high without no mountain?" --Porky Pine
Anton Sherwood   *\\*   +1 415 267 0685   *\\*   Ant### [at] jpsnet

Post a reply to this message

> I knew that.  But I have a nasty feeling that just dropping a standard
> Mac font suitcase into my Include folder won't work, even if the
> suitcase happens to contain TT fonts.

As best I remember, you're right.  POV uses Win style ttf.  Mac style
ttf doesn't go.  I am told that this is even true on Macs!

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom

Post a reply to this message

Anton Sherwood wrote in message <35B### [at] jpsnet>...
>I knew that.  But I have a nasty feeling that just dropping a standard
>Mac font suitcase into my Include folder won't work, even if the
>suitcase happens to contain TT fonts.

Well, try it!

Johannes.

Post a reply to this message

Nope. You have to port the .tff file from Windows (or one of the several
freeware font sites out there) and put them in the include folder of the
POV-ray folder.

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
www.spiritone.com/~english