POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rhino 3D To PovRay? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:09:59 EDT (-0400)
  Rhino 3D To PovRay? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Grey
Subject: Rhino 3D To PovRay?
Date: 14 Jul 1998 17:47:20
Message: <35ABC459.A0C0AA2E@spam.com>
Rhino 3D is supposed to export to PovRay, does anyone here have
experience doing this?  Can anyone tell me how well it works?

Post a reply to this message

From: HENON
Subject: Re: Rhino 3D To PovRay?
Date: 17 Jul 1998 18:05:38
Message: <35AFBC68.54FFD850@club-internet.fr>
Rhino 3D writes scenes directly POV scenes. Unfortunately, for POV, it
exports all the objects into meshes (even the primitives). With many
objects, the size of a POV scene can easily exceed 16 MB. Besides, Rhino
now allows a preview of the wireframe it is going to write before
exporting
I read in a newsgroup that some people are working on implementing nurbs
support for POV.... Wait and see

H.Fabien
Grey wrote:

> Rhino 3D is supposed to export to PovRay, does anyone here have
> experience doing this?  Can anyone tell me how well it works?

Post a reply to this message

> Rhino 3D writes scenes directly POV scenes. Unfortunately, for POV, it
> exports all the objects into meshes (even the primitives). With many
> objects, the size of a POV scene can easily exceed 16 MB. Besides, Rhino
> now allows a preview of the wireframe it is going to write before
> exporting
> I read in a newsgroup that some people are working on implementing nurbs
> support for POV.... Wait and see
>
> H.Fabien
> Grey wrote:
>
> > Rhino 3D is supposed to export to PovRay, does anyone here have
> > experience doing this?  Can anyone tell me how well it works?
Done a little bit, see the car body and dragon at :
http://www.rcia.com/lsalme