POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : aligning an image on a highfield Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  aligning an image on a highfield (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: michael oberlin
Subject: aligning an image on a highfield
Date: 30 May 1998 09:19:47
Message: <35700773.40A7E286@elmo.nmc.edu>
I know this question has been partially addressed before, but I still
have trouble understanding how to translate and scale an image map so
that it aligns with a highfield. Anyone want to offer a really
simplified explanation for this? Yah, I'll admit to being dense when it
comes to stuff like this! Mike Oberlin
Thanks in advance.

Post a reply to this message

michael oberlin <obe### [at] elmonmcedu> wrote:
: I know this question has been partially addressed before, but I still
: have trouble understanding how to translate and scale an image map so
: that it aligns with a highfield. Anyone want to offer a really
: simplified explanation for this? Yah, I'll admit to being dense when it
: comes to stuff like this! Mike Oberlin

  I remember that it's as simple as:

height_field
{ gif "whatever"
  pigment