POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Linux Install Help? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Install Help? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Lou Brown
Subject: Linux Install Help?
Date: 16 Apr 1998 20:42:46
Message: <3536A585.767C3577@o2.net>
I am new to Linux and I am having trouble getting POV to work.  I have
done the following as per the linux.readme

1) Put INI (including povray.ini), scene, and include files in
/usr/local/lib/povray3
2) Put x-povray and s-povray in /usr/local/bin
3) Put povray.1 in usr/local/man/man1
4) Put everything else (including example directories) in
/usr/local/povray3
5) povray.ini to have:
Library_Path=/usr/local/lib/povray3
Library_Path=/usr/local/lib/povray3/include
Library_Path=/usr/local/povray3
Library_Path=/usr/local/bin

6) Before running typed "set POVINI=/usr/local/lib/povray3/povray.ini"

When I go to "/usr/local/povray3/pov3demo/demo" and type "x-povray
shapes.pov" I get:

[root@noname demo]# x-povray shapes.pov
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.02.Linux.gcc
  This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team(tm).  See the

    documentation on how to contact the authors or post a message on
    CompuServe's GO POVRAY Forum.  Also visit http://www.povray.org.
Copyright 1997 POV-Ray Team(tm)
Never found section  in file //.

INI file error.
Bad option syntax or error opening .INI/.DEF file 'Persistence'.

This happens for all files that I try to run.
Thanks for any info,
Lou

Post a reply to this message