POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Questions! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 16:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Questions! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Saif Ansari
Subject: Questions!
Date: 31 Mar 1998 15:22:35
Message: <3521508B.4073@frontiernet.net>
Does anyone have any idea how to handle the point placement for the
cubic splines? I'm trying to create a few nicely curving shapes but have
found the "point-placing-by-eye" rather frustrating.

Oh, and incidentally (since both questions pertain to the same object)
is it possible to kind of "paste" a pre-existing image (a GIF or JPEG)
onto an object like a sphere or a box?

Lastly, is it possible to use a heightfield as a Normal/Texture/whatever
for an object? I'm thinking about cavewalls/stalactites, but more
specifically, instances when it will have to be "wrapped" around the
whole object like in coralreefs or stones.

I apologize if these are answered in the DOCs (I went through them, but
couldn't find specific answerse) or have been dealt with before. But any
leads on how to deal with them will help me greatly.

Thank you,
Saif.

Post a reply to this message