POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Does Povray use Italics Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Does Povray use Italics (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Casey
Subject: Does Povray use Italics
Date: 21 Jan 1998 14:06:30
Message: <34C64735.54A4598A@isoa-vision.com>
Can you write a phrase in italics using a ttf.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken Cecka
Subject: Re: Does Povray use Italics
Date: 21 Jan 1998 22:00:14
Message: <34c6c3a5.0@news.povray.org>
There's no option for the text object which causes it to be rendered in
italics, but using a matrix transformation, you can shear the text causing
it to appear italicized.  For more information on shearing, check out
http://www.erols.com/vansickl/matrix.htm .

Ken

Casey wrote in message <34C64735.54A4598A@isoa-vision.com>...
>    Can you write a phrase in italics using a ttf.

Post a reply to this message

Shearing will give you an oblique font, not italic, many fonts define their
italic version identically to their oblique version, but italics are often
quite script (handwriting) like - curvy.

--
Tristan Wibberley

(Remove the '.NO_LUNCHEON_MEAT' from my
email address to reply.)

Ken Cecka <cec### [at] televarcom> wrote in article