POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wavelength to RGB converter? Server Time
29 May 2024 05:46:15 EDT (-0400)
  Wavelength to RGB converter? (Message 29 to 38 of 38)
From: Ian J  Burgmyer
Subject: Re: Wavelength to RGB converter?
Date: 5 Mar 2003 21:44:46
Message: <3e66b61e$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich's furious key-hammering produced this:
>> I don't know if/how POV handles them, though.
>
> Unlike in Windos, in Mac OS and Unix, links (or aliases) are completely
> transparent for applications.

Actually, all NT-based Windows versions support links for directories when using
NTFS.  Microsoft, of course, chose not to give any good support for them (or
allow links to files).  I think the only Windows NT release to actually make use
of NTFS links (which MS calls "junctions") are the Server releases.  These
junction points are transparent to applications as well, but as I said before,
cannot be made without third-party software (stupidly enough...).

--
/*^*/light_source{100*<-5,2,-5>2}#macro I(i,n)#while(strlen(i)>=n)#local A=asc(
substr(i,n,1));#local a=asc(substr(i,n+1,1));cylinder{<div(A,8)-12,mod(A,8)-4,4
/*<*/)I("mkmtlttk"1)//@_$#!,:<"Thhis polysig brought to you by Ian Burgmyer :)"

Post a reply to this message