POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Pycao, python modeller for povray, v.0.9 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:44:44 EDT (-0400)
  Pycao, python modeller for povray, v.0.9 (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: lelama
Subject: Pycao, python modeller for povray, v.0.9
Date: 23 Aug 2016 19:20:00
Message: <web.57bcd7455f8505a87a63dc9f0@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

Pycao is a python modeller, to describe a 3D-scene using the python language. It
brings many simplifying paradigms ( carrying objects in boxes, genealogy system,
compact mathematical notations, markers ... ). Then you can see your 3d objects
using povray as a plugin.

It is free software (gpl v3.0). Feel free to use it :-)

In short, I wanted to draw parametric models of some bikes I want to build. Cad
software was awfully too complex or too expensive. Then I started to write
macros for the Blender python API. I switched to Povray thanks to the excellent
documentation of Povray. And little amelioration after little amelioration, this
became a piece of software. I hope you will like it.

The documentation is on my web page
http://math.univ-angers.fr/%7Eevain/software/pycao/distributed/documentation/

and the source code on github (project pycao)

Any comments are of course welcome.

Thank you for your attention,
Laurent.