POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Blender and Povray: unofficial version Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:06:02 EDT (-0400)
  Blender and Povray: unofficial version (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: Blender and Povray: unofficial version
Date: 28 Sep 2013 11:15:00
Message: <web.5246f23ac7abac957a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 25/09/2013 7:30 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> > 3.Blender and povray (unofficial version): install in Windows
> > http://youtu.be/OfRY999dlno
>
> Hi, I downloaded your exporter after watching the install tutorial.
> 1. You go too fast in the video.
> 2. When rendering using your exporter the *.pov file has the line:
> #include "shapes3.inc"
> Where does that come from? Did you forget to include it in your download?
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

Povray standard no have "shapes3.inc"
I download and install:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm
help you google

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 28 Sep 2013 11:51:52
Message: <5246fb18$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/09/2013 4:14 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Povray standard no have "shapes3.inc"

Correct.

> I download and install:
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm

It is good to see that Friedrich is still working away and updating his
site.

> help you google

True but I should not need to do that and everything you need to run
something should be included with the package. Or mentioned.
Documentation is very important.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> 3.Blender and povray (unofficial version): install in Windows
>>> http://youtu.be/OfRY999dlno
>>
>> Hi, I downloaded your exporter after watching the install tutorial.
>> 1. You go too fast in the video.
>> 2. When rendering using your exporter the *.pov file has the line:
>> #include "shapes3.inc"
>> Where does that come from? Did you forget to include it in your download?
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> Povray standard no have "shapes3.inc"
> I download and install:
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm
> help you google

final 3.7 /will/ have ... Friedrich contributed that stuff (and more) to
the final release

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Shapes3.inc

Post a reply to this message

> True but I should not need to do that and everything you need to run
> something should be included with the package. Or mentioned.
> Documentation is very important.
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

Yes, sorry!
But my version is development.
Addon will have the include folder where external inc-files and internal
inc-files will take place also.
Will probably(well) write down models in the inc files later.Will add button
"create include"
It will clear the 3D viewport :)

Post a reply to this message

>> True but I should not need to do that and everything you need to run
>> something should be included with the package. Or mentioned.
>> Documentation is very important.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> Yes, sorry!
> But my version is development.
> Addon will have the include folder where external inc-files and internal
> inc-files will take place also.
> Will probably(well) write down models in the inc files later.Will add button
> "create include"
> It will clear the 3D viewport :)

Understood, and it sounds good.

--