POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Y.A.P.R.M. 0.6 released Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:39:01 EDT (-0400)
  Y.A.P.R.M. 0.6 released (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Alil
Subject: Y.A.P.R.M. 0.6 released
Date: 29 Apr 2008 16:15:00
Message: <web.481780f94fbb8623a0d95bd80@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm ready for the next release of Y.A.P.R.M. This release contains lots of
smaller improvements and features as the big new thing has been presented
already in the intermediate release, namely the better integration in the X
Windowing system. But I was not lazy the last months and worked mainly on
annoying parts of Y.A.P.R.M. Y.A.P.R.M. is now able to save the view port setup
with Y.A.P.R.M. files and recognizes if a Y.A.P.R.M. file is given as command
line parameter.

Furthermore I moved from Imlib1 to Imlib2. This allows a new set of functions
like an improved color selection dialog and what is really cool you can load
images into Y.A.P.R.M. scenes for supporting your modeling. Such supporting
images can be put at any place in any orientation just as a normal object.

During the testing phase I identified several memory leaks and other memory
access problems. These problems resulted in unexpected crashes of Y.A.P.R.M.
They should be fixed now. So for all of you out there just get it, try it and
let me know how you like it. From my side I like the new features and hopefully
I can upload a new model within the next weeks.

Enjoy,
Alil