POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : blob2 patch now available Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:40:20 EDT (-0400)
  blob2 patch now available (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: blob2 patch now available
Date: 10 Jul 2003 00:30:28
Message: <cjameshuff-F882B7.23273609072003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <cja### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

I have released the source code to the blob2 patch as part of my revived
MegaPOVPlus collection. (based on MegaPOV 1.0)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/files/mpp1.0_1release.tar.gz

Still some optimizations to do and problems to fix, but it is comparable
to blob in speed. It doesn't support per-component textures yet, but
that is something I do plan to implement. Supported components:

sphere
sphere-capped cylinder
hard-edged cylinder
sphere-capped cone (buggy)
hard-edged cone
torus
box (not heavily tested)

Not much documentation, but it is quite similar to the blob and
isosurface primitives, and there is a test scene available. There is
little other than the blob2 patch here, I do have more, but not ready
for release.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/