POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : SMPOV-RenderAgent for LINUX soon avaiable Server Time
5 May 2024 14:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  SMPOV-RenderAgent for LINUX soon avaiable (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: * * * Theo Gottwald
Subject: SMPOV-RenderAgent for LINUX soon avaiable
Date: 21 May 2005 13:18:52
Message: <428f6d7c@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

Just as if it is time right now for that, I got a phone call from Steve
(sta### [at] phreakernet)
that he made a Script which acts as a Renderagent for LINUX.

Using his Script, LINUX Workstations can now be used as Render-PC's in a
SMPOV-Rendernetwork.

He already sent me something, however as I have no Linux running I can't try
this one.
However I can actually say that there will be (soon) a new Distri, with a
such RenderAgent ( its a sh-file).

Those who can't wait can already mail steve and support his project or beta
test the script.

--
best regards

Theo Gottwald