POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : JPatch 0.4 preview 1 released Server Time
5 May 2024 07:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  JPatch 0.4 preview 1 released (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Subject: JPatch 0.4 preview 1 released
Date: 9 May 2005 11:47:45
Message: <427f8621$1@news.povray.org>
I've released a preview version of JPatch 0.4. You can download it from:

http://www.jpatch.com

It is a free modeling/animation tool written in Java (tested to run on
Windows and Linux) and supports POV-Ray or RenderMan renderers.

New features (since version 0.3) include:

* A builtin renderer (Inyo) written by David Cuny.
* Modeller support for morphs.
* The JPatch animator (in a very early state of development).
* Output as triangle-, quadrilateral- or SDS-mesh.
* Some bugfixes and enhancements.

It's just a preview, so there may be a lot of bugs. The modeler should
be reasonably stable and useful. The new animator is in a very early
state of development, but I've used it to create my April 2005 IRTC
animation entry, "The Impostor", see http://www.irtc.org/anims/2005-04-15/

(Note that some shots use u/v mapping which was hard-coded into JPatch
and has been removed in this preview version. True u/v-mapping support
will be available in the next version.)

-sascha

Post a reply to this message

"Sascha Ledinsky" <sas### [at] userssourceforgenet> wrote in message
> I've released a preview version of JPatch 0.4. You can download it from:
>
> http://www.jpatch.com
>
> It is a free modeling/animation tool written in Java (tested to run on
> Windows and Linux) and supports POV-Ray or RenderMan renderers.
>
> New features (since version 0.3) include:
>
> * A builtin renderer (Inyo) written by David Cuny.
> * Modeller support for morphs.
> * The JPatch animator (in a very early state of development).
> * Output as triangle-, quadrilateral- or SDS-mesh.
> * Some bugfixes and enhancements.
>
> It's just a preview, so there may be a lot of bugs. The modeler should
> be reasonably stable and useful. The new animator is in a very early
> state of development, but I've used it to create my April 2005 IRTC
> animation entry, "The Impostor", see http://www.irtc.org/anims/2005-04-15/
>
> (Note that some shots use u/v mapping which was hard-coded into JPatch
> and has been removed in this preview version. True u/v-mapping support
> will be available in the next version.)
>
> -sascha

hah! that's a great animation :)

Post a reply to this message

> It's just a preview, so there may be a lot of bugs. The modeler should
> be reasonably stable and useful. The new animator is in a very early
> state of development, but I've used it to create my April 2005 IRTC
> animation entry, "The Impostor", see http://www.irtc.org/anims/2005-04-15/

wonderful animation :)
Sometimes I wish I had artistic abilities like that, but I lack inspiration
and patience.

cu!
--
ZK AKA Gaeriel