POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Two hour Povray movie : Re: Two hour Povray movie Server Time
25 Jul 2021 15:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two hour Povray movie
From: Jos leys
Date: 23 Sep 2013 06:40:00
Message: <web.52401a05f67c48159a9ee9f50@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> In my opinion it certainly deserves a link to it, on the front page.
> Just out of interest how long did it take to render and on what hardware?
>

> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

The rendering was done on a number of computers at a university. Nothing fancy :
the work was divided manually over the different machines. The final renders of
close to 180,000 individual images was done in a total of about four weeks (but
the computers did not run continuously during all that time.

Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.