POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Run povray from Terminal (Command Line) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:10:02 EDT (-0400)
  Run povray from Terminal (Command Line) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jay
Subject: Run povray from Terminal (Command Line)
Date: 12 Jun 2018 06:20:01
Message: <web.5b1f9e293bf39105481ec5a20@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Is there a way to run povray from the command line in Terminal on Mac?

i.e. If I ran povray from the command line, passing the .pov file as an argument
and then it run in Terminal and produces the image file?

I have a java application that I would like to be able to use povray to generate
images. I want to be able to programmatically run povray from my java
application and the only way I can think of doing this is through the command
line.

Thanks

Jay

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to run povray from the command line in Terminal on Mac?
Yes, on my site you can download a compiled version:
http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/finalpov.html
"Download 3.7.0 command line".

You can also compile it from source just like any unix version but like
always you have to
make sure all the libraries and xcode are installed.

Yvo

--
Yvo

POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/