POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray 3.7 Snow Leopard XFlush Not Found Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:56:00 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.7 Snow Leopard XFlush Not Found (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: b2jammer
Subject: Povray 3.7 Snow Leopard XFlush Not Found
Date: 26 Aug 2014 20:00:00
Message: <web.53fd1dfa2e7a2e662047e4090@news.povray.org>
I have installed Povray 3.7 on my Mac, and while everything else works just
fine (I have rendered quite a few test scenes with it, and have performed the
benchmark successfully), I cannot get the X Window display preview support to
compile, as the
configure script cannot find XFlush in the X11 library.

I'm using XQuartz 2.7.7
on Mac OS X 10.6.8, and I have the original install discs in case I need them.
Here's the relevant section of the configuration log:

checking whether -R must be followed by a space... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
checking X11/Xlib.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xlib.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xlib.h... yes
checking for XFlush in -lX11... no
configure: X Window display will be disabled

Language constructs and functions
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking time.h usability... yes
checking time.h presence... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes

Any potential solutions or workarounds? Thanks.