POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : megaPov #include files can't be found Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:33:54 EDT (-0400)
  megaPov #include files can't be found (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: phendric
Subject: megaPov #include files can't be found
Date: 3 Mar 2009 15:45:00
Message: <web.49ad96a6bb218fc7e71c97730@news.povray.org>
I apologize if this seems a silly question, but my concern is when I run
megapov, include files such as #include "colors.inc" etc cannot be found when
the scene is rendered.  I have made no changes to the file hierarchy after
megapov was downloaded (I have downloaded povray was well) but I get this error

Parse Error: Cannot open include file colors.inc.

'Library_Path=' .INI item. Standard
 include files are in the include directory or folder. Please read your
documentation carefully.

my file hierarchy is as follows:
my scene is: MegaPOV_C_UB/scenes/demo.pov
and in the Megapov GUI under 'set search paths for additional include files' I
have: MegaPOV_C_UB/Insert Menu/20-Include files   which is where colors.inc is
located (or I guess it's actually colors.inc.txt)

Does anyone know why megapov cannot fine the include files?
Cheers,
Pat

Post a reply to this message

> I apologize if this seems a silly question, but my concern is when I run
> megapov, include files such as #include "colors.inc" etc cannot be found when
> the scene is rendered.  I have made no changes to the file hierarchy after
> megapov was downloaded (I have downloaded povray was well) but I get this error

You may need to edit your "master POVRAY.INI" file (see the "tools" menu); make
sure it includes a "Library_Path=" line to point to the original POV 3.6
include directory, e.g.:

Library_Path="C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\INCLUDE"

(You do have POV 3.6 (e.g. 3.6.1c) installed, don't you?)

> and in the Megapov GUI under 'set search paths for additional include files' I
> have: MegaPOV_C_UB/Insert Menu/20-Include files   which is where colors.inc is
> located (or I guess it's actually colors.inc.txt)

Um... I've never seen this option in MegaPOV 1.2.1... hum... maybe you should
add some info what OS you're actually using - I was assuming Windows, but
currently only you really know...

Post a reply to this message