POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Quicktime direct from MegaPOV Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Quicktime direct from MegaPOV (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Kevin
Subject: Quicktime direct from MegaPOV
Date: 27 Apr 2008 11:15:01
Message: <web.48149751f4acbf479ae0fac20@news.povray.org>
Having just acquired a brand new Intel based IMac, I found the that the official
POV does not work, as has been reported before.

I was delighted to find MegaPov - which works just fine and is a MAJOR
improvement on the official version.  But I do not seem to be able to animate
directly into Quicktime, as I could do with the official POV.

Am I missing a trick? I really do not want to have to find a utility that will
sting a bunch of images into a movie.... Can anyone help....

Best regards
Kevin Karney

Post a reply to this message

The current version of MegaPOV doesn't support direct output to
QuickTime movie. The next release will support it again. You can use
QuickTime Pro or GraphicConverter to create a movie from the images
created by MegaPOV. This is also much safer to do and is much more
flexible. You can not continue a render when you save directly to a
movie, you can not render only a few frames and in case your computer
crashes in the middle of a long render you loose all your work instead
of only one image.

Yvo

http://megapov.inetart.net MacMegaPOV at:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh E-mail: yvo### [at] gmxnet