POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Distributed Rendering on Mac clusters? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Distributed Rendering on Mac clusters? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: StephenPope
Subject: Distributed Rendering on Mac clusters?
Date: 19 Nov 2007 23:25:00
Message: <web.474260ea23b6f17e5b88949b0@news.povray.org>
Hello there!

I've been using MegaPOV on a Macintosh, and would like to be able to use both
cores on an SMP machine, as well as clusters.

I've used both MPI and XLMRPC (for digital audio processing), but the various
extensions to POV-Ray and MegaPOV don't appear to support MacOSX SMP machines
or clusters thereof. Is there some patch or new version I'm missing?

I know about the new SMP POV-Ray and Megapov-XRS, but can't find Mac ports.

.....any reply appreciated...

Stephen Pope
U C Santa Barbara

Post a reply to this message

"StephenPope" <stp### [at] createucsbedu> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I've been using MegaPOV on a Macintosh, and would like to be able to use both
> cores on an SMP machine, as well as clusters.
>
> I've used both MPI and XLMRPC (for digital audio processing), but the various
> extensions to POV-Ray and MegaPOV don't appear to support MacOSX SMP machines
> or clusters thereof. Is there some patch or new version I'm missing?
>
> I know about the new SMP POV-Ray and Megapov-XRS, but can't find Mac ports.
>
> .....any reply appreciated...
>
> Stephen Pope
> U C Santa Barbara

If you're any good at scripting, you can achieve the same effect that smpov
does. I'd help but I'm only mediocre at scripting and I don't have a multi-core
processor.