POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Command line povray for OS X? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Command line povray for OS X? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Miguel
Subject: Command line povray for OS X?
Date: 22 Nov 2004 12:45:00
Message: <web.41a2246c9d2d8e4aecfae2860@news.povray.org>
Newbie question. I was unable to find this in the FAQs ...

Q: Is there a command line version of povray that will work on Mac OS X?

I downloaded the povray 3.6 Mac version. I was somewhat surprised that there
was no exe named 'povray'

I put in a symbolic link from /usr/local/bin/povray to /Applications/POV-Ray
3.6/Pov-RAY Mac 3.6 ... but (not surprisingly) that didn't work.

I also tried compiling the Unix/Linux version ... but that complained saying
that the C++ compiler could not generate an executable (?)

Thanks.

Miguel

Post a reply to this message

> I also tried compiling the Unix/Linux version ... but that complained saying
> that the C++ compiler could not generate an executable (?)

You should detail your problem in povray.unix because the Unix sources are
known to compile and link without problems on Mac OS X.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.