POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : G5 Benchmark Performance Server Time
16 Apr 2024 09:46:54 EDT (-0400)
  G5 Benchmark Performance (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David Brewer
Subject: G5 Benchmark Performance
Date: 24 Jul 2004 15:45:00
Message: <web.4102bb1b89c889b61b6d5cc50@news.povray.org>
I've been reading about performance benchmarks for PovRay on the G5 and it
seems that there is a wide disparity in results.  Several have posted
benchmark results (using the built-in Benchmark scene) of not much over 1
minute with a dual 2Ghz machine, while others have posted upwards of 20
minutes.  Running PovRay 3.6.0 on my dual 2 Ghz G5 machine, I'm getting
results of about 38 minutes.  I don't see any issues related to CPU usage.
It appears to use both processors equally at about 50%.  Any ideas about
why there is such a difference?

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on the subject.

Dave.

Post a reply to this message