POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : allowable actions after all jobs finished Server Time
4 May 2024 08:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  allowable actions after all jobs finished (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: tim
Subject: allowable actions after all jobs finished
Date: 10 Nov 2002 17:45:05
Message: <web.3dcee0196915b5c62a5c704b0@news.povray.org>
hi,

what type of scripts can be run when the Render Queue is finished (set in
Preferences:Actions:Actions after all jobs finished)?  POV-Ray scripts
only?  the help docs suggest this feature can be used to quit, sleep, shut
down - which implies some control of events outside of POV-Ray...

which leads me back to...

is there any way to run an applescript from POV-Ray?  for example, since
"show Preview" slows rendering on OS X, one could write an applescript to
open a newly rendered image in Preview when the Render Queue is complete.
just as one possibility.

-tim

Post a reply to this message