POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2 Server Time
17 May 2024 23:57:47 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2 (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Tom
Subject: Re: 3.5 render problems in OS9.2.2
Date: 2 Dec 2002 18:40:04
Message: <web.3debeea72190330e924936bf0@news.povray.org>
rlar wrote:
>I just downloaded 3.5 for the second time and continue to have a problem
>getting it to render anything. The render queue starts and the little
>moving striped bar gives me the impression its doing something, but nothing
>happens and I eventually have to quit the program to get it to stop.
>
>I've tried rendering both tutorial files and some of the samples.
>
>I also noticed that I have no render preview window like the documentation
>refers to.
>
>I'm running a G4 800mhz with a gig of ram, OS9.2.2 and carbon lib 1.6
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks,

Exactly the same thing here, except i'm running a G3 500mhz. but the system
and carbon versions are the same.

What the hell is going on?

Tom

Post a reply to this message

From: mistfall
Date: 4 Dec 2002 12:10:04
Message: <web.3dee36162190330e5ce5ad980@news.povray.org>
Is anyone having trouble under OSX v 10.2?

I have the same rendering (or non-rendering trouble) under 9.2.2 as rlar,
and POV-ray won't run at all under 10.1.2.

Post a reply to this message

Same problem here. I can't get animation to render in OS9.2.2 or OS
10.2.3. Stills won't render either if they are very big.  I'm running a
dual 867 Mhz processor G4. Any ideas yet?