POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : OS X utilities Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  OS X utilities (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
Subject: OS X utilities
Date: 28 Jan 2004 16:09:51
Message: <noe.falzonPASDEPUB-347DBA.22083528012004@news.povray.org>
Hello

I recently got an OS X running macintosh, and I would like to know if
some of you have an up to date list of softwares that I could use with
POV.
After a few researches on the web, I was disapointted to find only
ooooold little programs...
Are threre good recognized softwares that you use, more than a text
editor ?
Thanks

--
"Je ne deteste que les bourreaux" -- Albert Camus

Post a reply to this message

> I recently got an OS X running macintosh, and I would like to know if
> some of you have an up to date list of softwares that I could use with
> POV.
> After a few researches on the web, I was disapointted to find only
> ooooold little programs...

Like Blender?
http://www.blender3d.org/

Meshwork?
http://codenautics.com/meshwork/

Art of Illusion?
http://www.artofillusion.org/

Mondfarilo?
http://userpages.chorus.net/philip/

> Are threre good recognized softwares that you use, more than a text
> editor ?

Actually, no. I sometimes use jEdit as an editor, especially under
Linux, and I occasionally use the MacMegaPOV graphical editors for
things like lathes, but otherwise I code everything directly. This is a
common way to do things, because it is a very powerful way to work, and
the only way to get at all the capabilities of POV-Ray.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/