POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : anti-aliasing & hdri Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:32:14 EDT (-0400)
  anti-aliasing & hdri (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: anti-aliasing & hdri
Date: 20 Feb 2005 10:54:06
Message: <kurtzlepirate-571F88.16540520022005@news.povray.org>
hello,

it seems that there is a problem (with megapov under mac os x) when
using hdri : anti-aliasing is inactive. please have a look at :
http://louisbel.free.fr/hdri/hdri.html
for more infos.

any one can explain ?

regards

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: anti-aliasing & hdri
Date: 21 Feb 2005 09:33:22
Message: <4219F1B8.455EFA87@gmx.de>
kurtz le pirate schrieb:

> hello,
>
> it seems that there is a problem (with megapov under mac os x) when
> using hdri : anti-aliasing is inactive. please have a look at :
> http://louisbel.free.fr/hdri/hdri.html
> for more infos.
>
> any one can explain ?

That works as intended and it is also not a speciality of MegaPOV.
Antialiasing is active but with high intensities in the image you will
see aliasing artefacts with aa thresholds above 0.0 none the less (in
fact you only see them because you clip the color values for
display/writing to the file).

-- Christoph

Post a reply to this message

> That works as intended and it is also not a speciality of MegaPOV.
> Antialiasing is active but with high intensities in the image you will
> see aliasing artefacts with aa thresholds above 0.0 none the less (in
> fact you only see them because you clip the color values for
> display/writing to the file).

  Note that this problem will most probably be fixed in a future version
of POV-Ray.

> > That works as intended and it is also not a speciality of MegaPOV.
> > Antialiasing is active but with high intensities in the image you will
> > see aliasing artefacts with aa thresholds above 0.0 none the less (in
> > fact you only see them because you clip the color values for
> > display/writing to the file).
>
>   Note that this problem will most probably be fixed in a future version
> of POV-Ray.

how?  I hope you don't reintroduce the clipping-before-averaging, because I see
this as a feature, not a bug.

cu!
--
camera{location-z*3}#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*(C/50)#end#macro L(b,e,k,l)#local C=0
;#while(C<50)sphere{G(b,e),.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1

Post a reply to this message

Sorry, but could someone explain me the advantage of the new clipping
system as i can see none?

Arne

"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> wrote in message
> Sorry, but could someone explain me the advantage of the new clipping
> system as i can see none?

small bright objects don't disappear in AA and focal blur looks more realistic.
In general, the new clipping system is a more realistic and a more logical
approach.

cu!