POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Yo Chriss, df3Maker for Macintosh PPC [was:Re: df3Maker in C++] Server Time
18 May 2024 08:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yo Chriss, df3Maker for Macintosh PPC [was:Re: df3Maker in C++] (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Yo Chriss, df3Maker for Macintosh PPC [was:Re: df3Maker in C++]
Date: 10 Jul 2000 14:37:59
Message: <chrishuff-EB715A.13381910072000@news.povray.org>
In article <1edki3o.1d2ku6a1qyzpzkN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>,
sme### [at] skynetbe (smellenbergh) wrote:

> Well, you probably never bothered to take a look at the PowerPlant
> framework.

No, I haven't. I am learning the MacZoop framework instead:
http://www.maczoop.com/
From what I have heard and seen, it is simpler, smaller, and quite
powerful. It seems to do everything that I need, and I already have
enough GUI stuff figured out to do the job.

> Especially to make such a simple application as df3Maker is, you will
> find it easy to use. I had everything converted in about 15 minutes but
> I had to search for that fscanf bug and that took me quite a bit longer
> ;-)
> The only bit that is a bit more complicated is the part were you make a
> full path out of a FSSpec.

I actually have been planning to make a Mac version, but I was going to
just analyze the source and rewrite it in cross-platform C++ (and with
*streams*). I would then make a MacZoop front-end for it...I just
haven't gotten around to it yet.

> Ok, you can download a small archive here:
> http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/makedf3.sit
> It contains the CW project and a ready to run application. I also added
> the df3Maker internet page. Allowed?

Thanks, this should make it a bit easier to reverse engineer.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/