POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : ">>POVMSLib<<" could not be found...? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:03:33 EDT (-0400)
  ">>POVMSLib<<" could not be found...? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Doctor Cheese
Subject: ">>POVMSLib<<" could not be found...?
Date: 20 Nov 2002 08:31:58
Message: <BA00CEC4.EF8%jbl@efn.org>
Hey, I'm trying to install POV ray on my old Mac and running into some weird
problem... I followed the installation instructions, which were simple
enough that I think my cat could have done it. Copy the folder to the hard
drive. Well!

I opened the folder, double clicked on the icon, and got the following
error:

could not be found.

In case the characters don't show up correctly on the newsfeed, the file it
couldn't find looks like ">>POVMSLib<<". I looked in the folder, and found
the "POVMSLib" file sitting right next to the application, so if that's the
file it's looking for, it's not looking hard enough. I also tried copying
that file to the system/extensions folder and restarting, thinking maybe
there was an omission in the installation instructions, but no, that made no
difference. I also tried renaming the file to include the odd characters on
either side, but that only resulted in a different error.

I checked, and I definitely meet the system requirements as advertised...
I'm using a Performa 6320CD (PowerPC 603e Processor) with 48 Megs of ram and
a 40 gig hd (with over 15 gigs free). I'm running MacOS 8.6, and have
carbonlib 1.4 installed.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had a problem like this? I sure would
appreciate some help, as I'd love to try out this program.

Post a reply to this message