POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Render progress? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:44:08 EDT (-0400)
  Render progress? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tom Stone
Subject: Render progress?
Date: 27 Sep 2004 21:42:26
Message: <4158C169.7060306@swipnet.se>
Hello,

I'm using POV-ray 3.6 on a beige Mac G3, OS 9.2.2.
I've been doing a few small animations, but I can't find out where to
find info about which frame povray is rendering. Such info seems to be
lacking from both the Message window and the Render progress window. Can
this info be found anywhere, and if so, where?

-Tom Stone

Post a reply to this message

In article <415### [at] swipnetse> , Tom Stone <tom### [at] swipnetse>
wrote:

> I'm using POV-ray 3.6 on a beige Mac G3, OS 9.2.2.
> I've been doing a few small animations, but I can't find out where to
> find info about which frame povray is rendering. Such info seems to be
> lacking from both the Message window and the Render progress window. Can
> this info be found anywhere, and if so, where?

Nope, sorry, the message output for this got lost somewhere in 3.6.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

>Nope, sorry, the message output for this got lost somewhere in 3.6.

Thanks Thorsten, I thought that I was going blind for a while :)

Also, there's something odd with the Quicktime output when doing several
renders of the same file. Do you know about this, or do you want more info?

-Tom

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Sep 2004 15:13:46
Message: <415b096a$1@news.povray.org>
wrote:

> Also, there's something odd with the Quicktime output when doing several
> renders of the same file. Do you know about this,

Newer versions of QuickTime and their selection of functions in carbon
applications changed a few behaviors regarding QuickTime movie generating
and the code is still catching up.  Make sure you remove the movie file
before you render a new one *if* you are having problems with your
particular configuration.  In some QuickTime/Carbon/Mac OS configurations
the frames might get appended, but in most the code works just right.

> or do you want more info?

No, but thank you for offering.