POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : getting pov on the oldest mac in the world... Server Time
23 May 2024 19:48:31 EDT (-0400)
  getting pov on the oldest mac in the world... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: James Taylor
Subject: getting pov on the oldest mac in the world...
Date: 10 Dec 2001 18:12:55
Message: <3c154177@news.povray.org>
well not quite, but I want to install pov 3.1 onto a Mac LCII.

I have the binhex of the 68k version on my PC but its 6 megs so how do I get
it across to the Mac?

I somehow managed it before with the no-floating-point-version by splitting
the binhex file into six 1 meg chunks in textpad on the PC, saving them as
plain text, throwing them on floppy disks across to the mac and re-building
the binhex file in word (again saving as plain text) and miraculously
expanding it with stuffit expander to get a full working version of Pov.
then I got an FPU for it and want to install the FPU version, cos 10 million
hours is a long time to take to render skyvase...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

heres the specs for the LCII: