POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Mega Pov 1.0 Crashing =[ Server Time
5 May 2024 07:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Mega Pov 1.0 Crashing =[ (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Ryan Mooney
Subject: Re: Mega Pov 1.0 Crashing =[
Date: 28 May 2003 00:10:39
Message: <3ED436BC.9020109@earthlink.net>
Seems to be fine now... I think it just wanted some attention...
I just reinstalled from a .sit file i burned earlier in the week that i
downloaded a while ago and now it is fine...
Maybe you are right about needing to upgrade...
RDM

Ryan Mooney wrote:

> I will try deleting the pref. file...
>
> If that does not work i will record any and all relevant info...
> The very last thing i see is the OS X "...application has unexpectedly
> quit" but before that i am not sure...
> I will give it another go for the sake of development... =]
>
> I would switch now but my school bookstore will not let me buy the new
> system because i dropped all my classes so technically i am not a
> CURRENT student... Buying the full priced system seems ridiculous
> because my school price is about half...
>
> Also i am really waiting for OS "Panther" to come out this summer
> before i spend any cash... =]
>
> Thanks... =]
> RDM
>

> Yvo Smellenbergh wrote:
>
>> Ryan Mooney <rdm### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>>

>>> Not sure what is going on here but Mega Pov has been crashing with an
>>> "Unexpectedly Quit" message on os 10.1.5 on an iBook... It has been
>>> happening for awhile but i gave up rendering for awhile so i ignored it
>>> thinking i had a bad copy... I just downloaded a new one today... Same
>>> as before... =[
>>>

>> Have you tried trashing the prefs file from your ~/Library/Preferences
>> folder?
>> That is the first thing to try when something like this happens.
>>

>>> It happens right away when i try to render a file...
>>>

>> What exactly is the last thing you see in the message window before the
>> crash?
>>
>> You do realize that you will have less problems once you move on to
>> 10.2.6? Not that this is the reason for the crash but you really should
>> avoid 10.1.x if possible.
>>
>> Yvo

Post a reply to this message

Ryan Mooney <rdm### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Seems to be fine now... I think it just wanted some attention...
You or MacMegaPOV? ;-)

> I just reinstalled from a .sit file i burned earlier in the week that i
> downloaded a while ago and now it is fine...
Of course it works, we had  no bug report at all for the current Carbon
version. :-)
> Maybe you are right about needing to upgrade...
Yes.

Yvo

--
MacMegaPOV at: