POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 flies on OS 9.2.2 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:35:05 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 flies on OS 9.2.2 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: bob douglas
Subject: 3.5 flies on OS 9.2.2
Date: 18 Apr 2003 07:24:49
Message: <3E9FE0EA.9050406@ihug.com.au>
I have a G4 400MHz (AGP Graphics) 104 running OS 9.2.2 and about 200 extensions.
After having a great deal of trouble getting 3.5 to work I scoured the postings for
help.

Some good news. I have scrupulously carried out the recommendations of Thorsten
Froehlich and others on the list and everything is running very nicely indeed.
Switching off Virtual Memory and the Preview display made a great difference. The
progress window works properly and closes after a scene is rendered.

I also ran Peek-a-Boo and found out that Norton Utilities Filesaver was hogging an
awful lot of CPU time during a render, so I switched it off and a further
improvement in speed was noticed. Naturally I switch it back on before shutting down
the computer so that Filesaver has a chance to update.

Many thanks Thorsten for your help, especially concerning the switching of the
Pre-emptive box.

Bob Douglas

Post a reply to this message

I'm having trouble on a similar machine getting POV-RAY to render at all; it
seems just to hang.  Are the extensions I can kill or other things
necessary to get it to render?  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Roger