POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Slow rendering Server Time
4 May 2024 02:57:28 EDT (-0400)
  Slow rendering (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Kai-Mikael Jää-Aro
Subject: Slow rendering
Date: 20 Sep 2002 09:22:28
Message: <3D8B2115.22848647@nada.kth.se>
I'm having a bizarre phenomenon going on:
I'm rendering a scene on my G4 and povray will zip through approximately
half the image in almost no time but will suddenly bog down and then
render line by line increasingly slower until the process for all
pratical purposes stops - while still using over 90% cpu.

The scene is almost symmetric, so it's not that there is a sudden
increase in complexity - in particular it renders faultlessly on my
SunBlade.

I have the Official 3.5 compile, downloaded yesterday, run OS X 10.1.5
on a PowerBook G4 with 512 MB.

--

NADA, KTH 		voice:  +46 8 790 62 79		-- Yoshigasaki-sensei
SE-100 44  Stockholm	fax:    +46 8 10 24 77