POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Iso While ??? Server Time
23 May 2024 12:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Iso While ??? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ryan Mooney
Subject: Iso While ???
Date: 2 Apr 2002 13:19:45
Message: <3CA9F640.2C5563E1@earthlink.net>
is there a way to create or simulate a while loop in in iso function...
say make sphere, rotate sphere by counter around axis... result tori
looking object of spheres... this is not my overall goal but its a good
place to start... i want to be able to do the same things i would do in
a blob in an iso... ?? =]
Ryan... =]

Post a reply to this message

Date: 2 Apr 2002 13:32:34
Message: <g0ujau0lpnu88ta82i2j5jrmajf5sdr9cq@4ax.com>
On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:19:44 -0700, Ryan Mooney <rdm### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> is there a way to create or simulate a while loop in in iso function...
> say make sphere, rotate sphere by counter around axis... result tori
> looking object of spheres...

I'm not sure why you refer while loop when examples refer to transformations...

>  this is not my overall goal but its a good
> place to start... i want to be able to do the same things i would do in
> a blob in an iso... ?? =]

... and a blob is completly different

> by the way i am using mega pov... =]

I suggest to install 3.5. It is pretty stable now and it has very good
documentation. Functions (and therefore isosurface) are extended in 3.5. In
hands of advenced user you can make everything you asked. In hands of beginer
but with help of documentation and iso_csg library it can make pretty
interesting things.

> Ryan... =]

ABX