POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Templates...??? Server Time
18 May 2024 06:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Templates...??? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ryan Mooney
Subject: Templates...???
Date: 18 Oct 2001 11:49:24
Message: <3BCEFD51.641C7720@earthlink.net>
how do the templates work in
3.5...??? i see no template
menu...???

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Templates...???
Date: 18 Oct 2001 13:09:39
Message: <3bcf0cd3$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3BCEFD51.641C7720@earthlink.net> , Ryan Mooney
<rdm### [at] earthlinknet>  wrote:

> how do the templates work in 3.5...???

New format, old one can be imported but the feature is not complete as of
beta 6.

> i see no template menu...???

No, right now the menu code isn't ready.  Probably will be in beta 7 or 8.

HOWEVER, as for seeing the templates right now, you will need Mac OS 8.6 or
later with CarbonLib 1.3.1 or later (CarbonLib 1.4 or newer strongly
recommended).  Then you should see a "template window" entry in the Window
menu.  On the other hand, the Window menu in beta 6 has problems, so if you
didn't open it in beta 4, with the Window menu possibly not functioning at
all in beta 6 you might not be able to open it at all :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

So 3.5 is basically FAR from finished...??
In the future will i need 8.6 or higher in order for the features to fully
work...??
And last... Thank you, its much eider to ask questions than go sifting through
info to find an answer... =]