POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Is there any way to make a custom pattern? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Is there any way to make a custom pattern? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Lazarus Plath
Subject: Re: Setting animation parameters in file
Date: 22 Apr 2001 02:54:32
Message: <B707CE90.635D%lazarusp@earthlink.net>
RJay Hansen wrote...

> Example Applescript from the official Mac distribution--
>
> -- Simple example of using POV-Ray's hidden batch-scripting feature
> -- Using the Finder "print" AppleScript
> --

Ahhh, I found the example applescript. I took the application out of that
folder when I first got POV and havnt looked in there till now.

The only applescript info I could find in the MacOS Read Me that came with
3.1g.r2 is:

The Good News... Ideas after version 3.1
-Full AppleScript support, change rendering options & start/stop rendering
(I have added the beginnings of this into the source code.) Can't wait for
3.2, but I wish what was added was documented.

But I see what you and David are talking about with the print command. I can
select a POV file and choose File:Print from the finder and it auto renders.
But then it closes the file. I'll see if the Pause_When_Done switch can fix
this.

I've only scripted a couple, simple things before, so I'm still working on a
few parts to get this working with my program.

Thanks....    laz

Post a reply to this message