POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Paint Program? Server Time
18 May 2024 07:05:03 EDT (-0400)
  Paint Program? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: Paint Program?
Date: 20 Nov 2000 11:31:18
Message: <3A1951D6.90CF2522@mac.com>
Hey, everyone.

Can anyone recommend a decent paint program for Mac that will do alpha
channels for PNG graphics?  Corel Photo-Paint 8 won't.

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone recommend a decent paint program for Mac that will do alpha
> channels for PNG graphics?  Corel Photo-Paint 8 won't.

I am not sure, but I think GraphicConverter 4.0 supports them...

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

Yes, GraphicConverter may work. Or you could try PhotoShop LE, if you have
some money to burn.
______
David McCabe
dav### [at] maccom
http://homepage.mac.com/davidmccabe/index.htm
God is good!

"Dawn McKnight" <mck### [at] maccom> wrote in message
> Hey, everyone.
>
> Can anyone recommend a decent paint program for Mac that will do alpha
> channels for PNG graphics?  Corel Photo-Paint 8 won't.
>
> --
> Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in
Neurology!"
> McK### [at] maccom   | -- Justine Devlin, M.D.

If you have Mac OS X, you can get the GIMP, which is like an open-source
(free!) Photoshop.  You'll need to use Fink (fink.sourceforge.net it's free)
to download and install the GIMP. After you've downloaded and set up Fink,
open a terminal window and do this:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp

Good luck!