POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : MegaPov? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:48:31 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: David
Subject: MegaPov?
Date: 3 Mar 2000 14:10:38
Message: <38c00e2e$1@news.povray.org>
What's this MegaPov thing you all keep talking about?

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: MegaPov?
Date: 3 Mar 2000 15:32:42
Message: <chrishuff_99-3A6207.15341903032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38c00e2e$1@news.povray.org>, "David" <dav### [at] maccom>
wrote:

> What's this MegaPov thing you all keep talking about?

MegaPOV is a "patched" version, meaning people have added features or
made other modifications to the source. It is an unofficial version
containing most of the patches that have been created, it has many new
features as well as bug fixes. The biggest ones are probably the media
enhancements, which can give higher quality media with much shorter
render times, the radiosity improvements, which remove a lot of the
limitations of the older radiosity and make it easier to use, photon
mapping, which simulates the way light is refracted and reflected
through the scene, and the isosurface object, which allows you to
specify an object using an equation.

MacMegaPOV is available here:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/

--