POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Extension conflicts? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:31:03 EDT (-0400)
  Extension conflicts? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: A  R  Goldman
Subject: Extension conflicts?
Date: 14 Apr 2000 22:23:11
Message: <38F7D251.B2955029@mindspring.com>
Greetings:
I have been having some problems with my new Mac, which seem to
be a result of extension conflicts leading to booting up
problems, and intermittent crashes. I have installed several
applications on the Mac, and am trying to run down leads; and
wondered if anyone else had experienced these problems with
PovRay and Mac OS 9...
Many thanks...
ARG
(And apologies for the cross posting with
comp.graphics.raytracing. But you never know who will have the
answer...)

Post a reply to this message

> I have been having some problems with my new Mac, which seem to
> be a result of extension conflicts leading to booting up
> problems, and intermittent crashes. I have installed several
> applications on the Mac, and am trying to run down leads; and
> wondered if anyone else had experienced these problems with
> PovRay and Mac OS 9...

I have not had any Mac OS 9 specific bug or problem reports.

POV-Ray does not install anything in the system folder (except the
preferences file of course) or anywhere else outside the POV-Ray folder it
is in, deleting the preferences file and the POV-Ray folder will remove
POV-Ray from your hard disk completely.

      Thorsten

> (And apologies for the cross posting with
> comp.graphics.raytracing. But you never know who will have the
> answer...)

PS: Note that you cannot do any "real" cross-posting to news.povray.org and
your local Usenet as news.povray.org is not connected to Usenet (meaning
cross-posting simply does not work, you only get two separate posts).

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

Good luck my mom just installed OS 9 at her work...
It took a little less than a week to solve all the problems...
She informed me not to use OS 9 unless i have to...
Good Luck Again... :(