POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Official 3.1g.r2 is up Server Time
18 Jun 2024 12:44:50 EDT (-0400)
  Official 3.1g.r2 is up (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Official 3.1g.r2 is up
Date: 29 Nov 1999 20:48:54
Message: <38432d06@news.povray.org>
Hello,

The official POV-Ray Mac 3.1g for PowerPC has been updated to 3.1g.r2.
This updated addresses several PowerPC version specific bugs, problems and
increases speed. There is no update for the 68K versions as there are no
changes for these versions.
Please make sure you read <http://mac.povray.org/help_info.html#why_slow> to
get the maximum speed out of POV-Ray.

      Thorsten Froehlich

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

> The official POV-Ray Mac 3.1g for PowerPC has been updated to 3.1g.r2.

I read that POV is faster (although less stable) when compiled with MrC.
Could you make an unsupported version compiled with MrC available?

--
Henri Sivonen
hen### [at] clinetfi

Post a reply to this message

>> The official POV-Ray Mac 3.1g for PowerPC has been updated to 3.1g.r2.
>
> I read that POV is faster (although less stable) when compiled with MrC.
> Could you make an unsupported version compiled with MrC available?

I am sorry, but my time simply does not permit me to do so.
A makefile for MrC is included with the source code archive and if someone
else is willing to compile it, it should not be a problem.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde