POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Official 3.1g.r1 is up Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:40:19 EDT (-0400)
  Official 3.1g.r1 is up (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Official 3.1g.r1 is up
Date: 4 Aug 1999 08:28:46
Message: <37a831fe@news.povray.org>
Hello,

As you may have noticed or read in these newsgroups, the official POV-Ray
Mac 3.1g had a small bug displaying the beta timeout notice also 3.1g was of
course _not_ a beta version. We have fixed this bug and 3.1g.r1 is now up
for both 68K and PPC.
Additionally, the PPC version has a new feature called "memory cache" which
may speed up rendering significantly. It is not explained in the
documentation, but you can now find some details at
<http://mac.povray.org/help_info.html>.

For all those who do not want to upload the whole archive again, in the
download section of the POV-Ray Mac page
<http://mac.povray.org/download.html> you will also find archives with the
3.1g.r1 application only.

The source code has also been updated slightly (to support the changed
application preference format), but the memory cache code is not included
yet.

      Thorsten Froehlich

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg