POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Raytracing News Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Raytracing News (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Earl Ehrig
Subject: Raytracing News
Date: 8 Oct 1999 08:08:44
Message: <37FDE248.21605275@madmac.com>
I was looking around the web, trying to find information about kd-trees
and I ran across what I thought was  the title Raytracing news.  Has
anyone else seen or heard about this?  Is it an actual newsgroup that I
can subscribe to?  Any help would be grateful, thanks.

earl

Post a reply to this message

> I was looking around the web, trying to find information about kd-trees
> and I ran across what I thought was  the title Raytracing news.  Has
> anyone else seen or heard about this?  Is it an actual newsgroup that I
> can subscribe to?  Any help would be grateful, thanks.

Hmm, I don't know about it. Maybe you should ask in povray.general to reach
all POV-Ray users - not only the Mac users - maybe one of the other users
knows where to find it.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 05:23:40 -0700, Earl Ehrig <ame### [at] madmaccom> wrote:

>I was looking around the web, trying to find information about kd-trees
>and I ran across what I thought was  the title Raytracing news.  Has
>anyone else seen or heard about this?  Is it an actual newsgroup that I
>can subscribe to?  Any help would be grateful, thanks.

  Ray Tracing News, edited by Eric Haines. Ken's Link Collection yielded the
following .url:

http://www.acm.org/tog/resources/RTNews/html/

  From there, I used their Search and found some instances of kd-tree so
look there.

--
Alan

> On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 05:23:40 -0700, Earl Ehrig <ame### [at] madmaccom> wrote:
>
> >I was looking around the web, trying to find information about kd-trees
> >and I ran across what I thought was  the title Raytracing news.  Has
> >anyone else seen or heard about this?  Is it an actual newsgroup that I
> >can subscribe to?  Any help would be grateful, thanks.
>
>   Ray Tracing News, edited by Eric Haines. Ken's Link Collection yielded the
> following .url:
>
> http://www.acm.org/tog/resources/RTNews/html/
>
>   From there, I used their Search and found some instances of kd-tree so
> look there.
>
> --
> Alan
> http://www.povray.org - Home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer

Thanks to you and Thorsten for your replies and url.

best regards,
earl