POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Caustics and Photon mapping:Chris Huff Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:38:12 EDT (-0400)
  Caustics and Photon mapping:Chris Huff (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Earl Ehrig
Subject: Caustics and Photon mapping:Chris Huff
Date: 1 Sep 1999 23:58:54
Message: <37CDF95D.64E98219@madmac.com>
Chris you mentioned something about working on a POV patch type program
that would enable us Apple users to include Caustics and Photon mapping
in POV-Ray?  Is this still a possibility?  I've been spending time
reviewing images and research papers on the subject and this is a
fantastic phenomena to have in 3D modeling/rendering.  I am no
programmer to be certain but Art I know.  I can do this type of thing on
a two dimensional surface, but I'm dying here because it isn't possible
on my PowerPC.  Can you keep us posted on this?  Thanks.

-earl ehrig

Post a reply to this message