POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : sphere_sweeps? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:37:15 EDT (-0400)
  sphere_sweeps? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Steve
Subject: sphere_sweeps?
Date: 30 Jul 1999 20:35:35
Message: <37A24654.F36DDAA5@puzzlecraft.com>
Now that sphere_sweeps are possible on the Mac, I want to try learning
them but the documentation is very thin.

Is there any way to sphere_sweep a regular multi-segment bezier_spline?

Look at "Celtic Cross" in image.binaries for an example of what I'm
trying to do and the problems I'm having with my current technique which
uses Chris Colefax's Spline macro. I'm hoping that sphere_sweep can cure
my ills.

Here's a sample of the spline data:

#declare spline_segments = 4;

#declare point0 = < -0.167, 0.3125, 0>;
#declare point1 = <2.5, 4.3125, 0>;
#declare point2 = <3.25, 4.167, 0>;
#declare point3 = < 0.0, 0.0, -0.25>;
#include "SplineR.inc"

#declare point0 = < 0.0, 0.0, -0.25>;
#declare point1 = <3.25, 4.167, 0>;
#declare point2 = <4.167, 4.167, 0>;
#declare point3 = < 0.167, -0.1042, 0.0>;
#include "SplineR.inc"

#declare point0 = < -0.1458, 0.167, 0>;
#declare point1 = <4.167, 4.167, 0>;
#declare point2 = <4.167, 3.25, 0>;
#declare point3 = < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0>;
#include "SplineR.inc"

#declare point0 = < 0.0, 0.0, 0>;
#declare point1 = <4.167, 3.25, 0>;
#declare point2 = <4.3125, 2.5, 0>;
#declare point3 = < 0.3125, -0.167, 0.0>;
#include "SplineR.inc"

steve

Post a reply to this message