POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Glenn Travis
Subject: Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD
Date: 24 Jul 1999 01:04:58
Message: <3799497a@news.povray.org>
Well, I finally decided that I needed to lay Bryce aside and really learn
POV-Ray!  The right way.

When I try to run the POV-Ray Reference / Ray Tracing CD Intro that is on
the CD, I get a message box that says that I must have an older version of
Quicktime, and that I need to load version 1.6.1.

However, I am using OS 8.6 and QT 4.0 (non-beta).  Are there any patches or
upgrades for the Reference out there that will allow me to use the app?

thanks,

trav

Post a reply to this message

Glenn, what version of POV are you using? Sounds like POV might be the thing
that needs upgrading.

steve

Glenn Travis wrote:

> Well, I finally decided that I needed to lay Bryce aside and really learn
> POV-Ray!  The right way.
>
> When I try to run the POV-Ray Reference / Ray Tracing CD Intro that is on
> the CD, I get a message box that says that I must have an older version of
> Quicktime, and that I need to load version 1.6.1.
>
> However, I am using OS 8.6 and QT 4.0 (non-beta).  Are there any patches or
> upgrades for the Reference out there that will allow me to use the app?
>
> thanks,
>
> trav

Post a reply to this message