POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Progress on 3.1e? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 12:58:31 EDT (-0400)
  Progress on 3.1e? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Progress on 3.1e?
Date: 29 Apr 1999 05:58:21
Message: <37281F22.84175D6F@infomagic.com>
In a nutshell, how's it going? Obviously taking longer than originally expected...

  ___________________________
 /                           \
/  Xplo "Endymion" Eristotle  \
\  http://start.at/xplosion/  /
 \___________________________/

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Progress on 3.1e?
Date: 29 Apr 1999 11:29:58
Message: <37286ce6.0@news.povray.org>
In article <37281F22.84175D6F@infomagic.com> , Xplo Eristotle
<xpl### [at] infomagiccom>  wrote:

> In a nutshell, how's it going? Obviously taking longer than originally
> expected...

No, there won't be a 3.1e for Macs. As it had been announced by Chris Young,
we had to leave CompuServe. This (meaning docs, website, e-mail changes) and
some other small bugs in the generic source will be fixed in a version 3.1f.
We decided that it would be useless for users to offer a 3.1e and the
replacing it with 3.1f just a few weeks later.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

> > In a nutshell, how's it going? Obviously taking longer than originally
> > expected...
>
> No, there won't be a 3.1e for Macs. As it had been announced by Chris Young,
> we had to leave CompuServe. This (meaning docs, website, e-mail changes) and
> some other small bugs in the generic source will be fixed in a version 3.1f.
> We decided that it would be useless for users to offer a 3.1e and the
> replacing it with 3.1f just a few weeks later.

Er, okay.. how's 3.1f coming, then? And does this mean that the last 68k
version will be 3.1f, not 3.1e as originally planned?

/  Xplo "Endymion" Eristotle  \
\  http://start.at/xplosion/  /

Post a reply to this message

> Er, okay.. how's 3.1f coming, then? And does this mean that the last 68k
> version will be 3.1f, not 3.1e as originally planned?

Yes, it will be the last version. It will likely be out at the same time as
the other major platform versions.