POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Banded gradations Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:03:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Banded gradations (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: REMOVE THIS PARTbenboom
Subject: Re: Banded gradations
Date: 12 Apr 1999 13:39:45
Message: <371221d1.0@news.povray.org>
Okay, here is a test file. The sky renders with horizantal bands that are
subtle but definite, at least on my system.

/*
//Test file to show banded graduations in background
*/
#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

/*original camera */
camera {
	ultra_wide_angle
	location < -0, -0.9, -8 >
	angle 60
	look_at < 0, 0.0, 0.0 >
}

// Create an infinite sphere around scene and allow any texture on it
sky_sphere
{
  pigment
  {
    gradient y
    color_map { [0.0 color rgb <0.0,0.0,0.3>] [1.0 color blue 0.5] }
  }
}

//groundfog
fog
{
  fog_type   2
  distance   15
  color  rgb <0.5, 0.3, 0.2> //pollution color
  fog_offset 0.1
  fog_alt    0.01
  turbulence 0.8
}

//regular fog
fog
{
  fog_type 1
  distance 2000
  color <.0, .0, .05>
}

// overhead light
light_source
{
 0*x
  color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0
  translate <100, 500, 100>
}

plane { <0, 1, 0>, -1//ground
  texture { Jade
    }
rotate <0,0,0>
 }

//the two little spheres
union {
blob {
	threshold 0.6
	sphere {<0,0,0> 1, 1 scale <15,15,15> rotate <0,0,0> translate
<-15,0,-3>}
	sphere {<0,0,0> 1, 1 scale <10,10,10> rotate <0,0,0> translate
<16,0,-4>}
      texture {Blood_Marble}
     rotate <0,45,0>
     scale <.02, .02, .02,>
     translate <2, -.9, 8>
  }
}

Thanks for looking at this. I'm new at ray-tracing (obviously), but
although the learning curve is steep, it sure is fun!

Post a reply to this message