POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Banded gradations Server Time
26 Jun 2024 13:03:21 EDT (-0400)
  Banded gradations (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: REMOVE THIS PARTbenboom
Subject: Banded gradations
Date: 12 Apr 1999 11:36:42
Message: <371204fa.0@news.povray.org>
Hi;

     I hope this isn't an obvious question, but I can't find an answer to
it in the POV-Ray docs. I'm using POV-Ray 3.1 (both the official and
unofficial Mac compiles) on a Mac G3 266 with 64 megs of ram and 6 megs of
video ram. This is enough to give me millions of colors at any display I
choose to use (and yes, I *did* remember to set the display to millions
of colors! :-), but I am having problems with graduated backgrounds that
are rendered with visibile banding. This problem is just made worse when I
jpeg the files afterward, of course.

     I can supply a short pov file to show what I'm talking about if
this doesn't make any sense.

     Is there some simple thing I'm overlooking here?

     Thanks,

Rick Adams
REM### [at] teleportcom

Post a reply to this message

>      I hope this isn't an obvious question, but I can't find an answer to
> it in the POV-Ray docs. I'm using POV-Ray 3.1 (both the official and
> unofficial Mac compiles) on a Mac G3 266 with 64 megs of ram and 6 megs of
> video ram. This is enough to give me millions of colors at any display I
> choose to use (and yes, I *did* remember to set the display to millions
> of colors! :-), but I am having problems with graduated backgrounds that
> are rendered with visibile banding. This problem is just made worse when I
> jpeg the files afterward, of course.

Yes, a small file would be helpful (please put it in the body of the post,
not as attachment - it is easier to access this way).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.