POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.5 OS X Templates Bug Server Time
4 May 2024 02:07:50 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 OS X Templates Bug (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thor
Subject: 3.5 OS X Templates Bug
Date: 14 Aug 2002 07:15:44
Message: <20020814071952667-0400@news.povray.org>
Greetings,

In Mac OS X (10.1.4):
If POV-Ray 3.5 is installed on a partition other than the start-up
volume, the template menu DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.

This was driving me insane, because I couldn't find any documentation
saying that this was a requirement.

After moving my installation, the templates work as expected.

=========

"Quit POV-Ray" in the application menu does not work... but the
duplicated "Quit POV-Ray" in the file menu (and cmd-q) DOES work.

Scroll wheel support would be wonderful. (MegaPOV has this)

Anyone know how I can get POV-Ray syntax coloring in BBEdit? Or fake it? (
Setting the language to Java is close, but not close enough) Perhaps
someone is working on a BBEdit POV-Ray language plug-in?

Thanx.

Post a reply to this message

> If POV-Ray 3.5 is installed on a partition other than the start-up
> volume, the template menu DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.
>
> This was driving me insane, because I couldn't find any documentation
> saying that this was a requirement.
>
> After moving my installation, the templates work as expected.

Nope, you observation is incorrect.  Templates just stop working after the
first render if that render accesses a file outside the applications main
directory, that is all.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg