POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : pov 3.5 Server Time
18 May 2024 00:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  pov 3.5 (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Ryan Mooney
Subject: Re: pov 3.5
Date: 16 Jul 2002 15:51:48
Message: <3D347959.649CC718@earthlink.net>
I do not see the point in using the program without the preview for i use
it as well as partial rendering to finish most all of my projects even the
most simple ones... Once again i will stick to Mega Pov... =]

WhiteGandalf wrote:

> Hello..
>
> it seems that it is always myself complaining about the same thing?
>
> anyway I made my first scene in pov 3.5 I just got today: checker,
> sphere, area light.
> render. dog slow. 4 minutes andsome seconds
>
> I take the scene and render it in megapov latest version (I can't
> compare to pov3.1 since that aerealight wasn't supppoerted) and i get 6
> seconds
>
> i then render a trivial sample scene and i get 16 minutes... my G3 slow
> as a quadra??? the same scene on pov 3 took less on my quadra!
>
> now it is sooo lae and it's better to go to bed... but I read that
> povray should be faster and more stable than megapov while using the
> patches and I hoped the rest would remain unchanged!
>
> -r-

Post a reply to this message

no it was off in both programs, I saved the file directy to disk. Ypou
advised me to test it such way.

-r-

Post a reply to this message